Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Final -Part 3

 My mountain painting i believe was my most successful project. For artistic behaviors i did I create original art because this is my own work. I used my own unique ideas for this work by choosing my own colors, design, and number of mountains. I did use a reference photo but when i ended up painting it, it looked pretty different. I also took a risk because at first i did not know if i would be able to accomplish this painting. It seemed very difficult, especially doing mountains, but i went with it anyways. A different technique i had to use was making clouds. I had never tried to paint realistic clouds so it was troubling at first but in the end i learned something new.

   If i could do one project over i would do the new animal project again. I would do this one again because i could not get the shading right so it still looks like the elephant and sea lion are not one. I may have changed one of the animals or found an elephant skin color that matched better. I also would have put more time and effort into it.

Final - Part 2

I reflect: I choose this project to reflect on because i believed there were good and bad things about it. When i first stepped back to view my painting i was half way done and Mr.Sands gave me hints on what i could do to make the mountains look more realistic. . When i went back to look at it again i was almost done and then once again when i was done. I put on some finishing touches and changed a few colors so they could highlight better.
     I did consider how ideas would work, before i did shading i made sure the color would blend nicely with the others. I also made sure before i put done markings it would for sure help it look more realistic. I also had to consider how much of the reference painting i wanted mine to look like. In the end i only used the same layout but most of it is different. I also had to consider what i would put at the front of the painting.

Final - Part 1

Post-it note project: 

Technology played a role in this piece because we had to go on the computer and find the picture we wanted of Paul Walker. We also had to blow the picture up so we could see every pixelated block. Then we used the pixels to map it out on a large piece of paper. If we did not have the technology to get this picture all of our proportions would be off and we would not have been able to get the look of his face right.Technology played a huge role in this project by making us able to start and complete this project.

Frame project:

Art played a role in this project because we had to use the frame to make this project work. Hence the name Frame project. There were multiple frames we had the ability to use, i used one of the bigger frames so i could look like i was walking through it.  I used the frame to make it look like i was leaving school to go to a mysterious island. This project took around two days. We also had to use photoshop to complete this with the effects we wanted to do around or in the frame. 

Thursday, May 21, 2015

12 days of photoshop - day 6

For this project we had to make a movie parody cover. I used the movie American Sniper and made it into American Diaper. We used Photoshop to complete this, it was difficult to find similar or the same fonts. Also trying to find the right length.

12 days of photoshop - Day 5

For this project we had to make a gif of anything we wanted. To accomplish this we had to use a still picture. Then copy and duplicate it many times. Then we had to put the same background for every still and then put it into a video. We also had to save it as a gif so it would come up on here.

12 days of photoshop - day 4

For this project we had to make literal interpretations. I choose carpool, rainbow, belly button, and friendship. I put a car in a pool, a button on a belly, raining bows and two ships holding hands like friends. We used photoshop to do these and it took 1 day. 

Monday, May 18, 2015

12 Days of Photoshop - Day 3

For this project we had to take body parts and put them in a place they would not normally be. We used photoshop to complete this task. Although it looks very strange this was a fun project. This took time but i managed to complete it. I changed the woman's hands to feet and her feet to noses.